Managing knowledge bases
A knowledge base contains your support content. It can either be used to show the content to your customers as a public facing website or to provide internal content for your staff.
Add and update knowledge bases in the admin area.
From the top right of the navigation bar, click the cog icon.
Click on Knowledge Bases.
- Name: The name of your knowledge base. This name used in the header of the knowledge base website.
- Theme Color: The primary color of the links and navigation bars on the website.
- Associated Inbox: The knowledge base will only be accessible to members of this inbox. Also, any contact form submissions will head to this inbox.
- Enabled: The public website is only available if enabled. You can disable this if you're only using an internal knowledge base.
- Subdomain: The default address of the help center website.
- Custom Domain: If enabled, this will replace the subdomain address. Note that setting a custom domain requires a DNS CNAME entry.
- Contact Form: Enable a contact form on the knowledge base or not.
- Messenger: Selected messenger widget will be automatically loaded on this knowledge base website.
- Advanced Options: Displays advanced website customization options.